Invite Neeleman To Worcester
This airline would transform Worcester Airport overnight!! And we need some transforming...
Right now Worcester Airport is floundering. We still have alot of hope for JetBlue, if they:
1) Move Orlando and Fort Lauderdale to a morning departure.
2) Add a 2nd NYC flight
3) Add another direct route to either the Gulf Coast or Puerto Rico
But we have been saying this for months and nothing is happening???
1) We have Delta coming in August to Detroit once per day, that we feel is going to actually hurt us when it fails miserably.
2) American looks like they will be going to once per day in August increasing from the current 4 times per week, but less then the initial twice per day, and sales look less then spectacular.
3) Discount carriers like Frontier and Allegiant seem to fly out of any city not named Worcester. The future right now looks very flat....
What can possibly help ORH to turn this around? A brand new start up carrier like Moxy could provide the spark we need to kick start Worcester.
Look what JetBlue has done for Logan.
Look what SouthWest did for Providence
Look what Allegiant has done for Punta Gorda and St Pete's
The business plan for Moxy is perfect for Worcester Airport:
Neeleman posits that there are enough neglected routes in the US that his new airline could grow substantially without any direct competition.
"I would be very surprised if a single Moxy route had nonstop service competition," he told us. "There are literally hundreds and hundreds of city pairs that are crying out for nonstop flights."
It's unclear what the airline's actual name will be when it goes into operation in 2021. However, when it does, it will operate a fleet of 60 brand-new Airbus A220-300 airliners.
ad space for rent : firstname.lastname@example.org
Post your comment
commented on 2019-05-02 14:40:09
What about ORH appeals to them? You got a flight to a hub that is one of the largest international airports in the world that can't fill half the seats. The AA service that was drastically cut back after only a few months of inception. Of course, then you have the Delta to Detroit flight that starts in August. Anyone with a half a brain can figure out that service is dead on arrival. You think this new airline will commit any of its 60 planes to ORH? Keep dreaming!!!
commented on 2019-05-03 14:15:14
We do agree CS but for what Neeleman is looking for there really aren't any airports in the area besides maybe PSM that fit what he is looking for. If he is coming into Boston by what he has outlined as his desires Worcester needs to be a consideration.